Thursday, May 2, 2024

Yet Another Shop Addition ...Paint Booth

 The Artemis I build has been on a slight hold for a bit to make time for yet another shop project.

With the acquisition of an airbrush, I have found it necessary to, once again, rearrange the workshop to accommodate a place to set up a DIY paint booth.

The best option is to clear out a corner of the shop that has largely been used for storing wood, a disassembled storage shelf unit, and other assorted junk.

The work surface that will host the paint booth setup happens to be a drafting table that I've had in storage for ages. 

Perfect! I finally found a great use for it.

To make the frame for the paint booth, I chose to use up a lot of random wood sticks and cutoffs I've had hanging around the shop.  It's a bit more sturdy and bulky than necessary for a paint booth, but also a good way to reduce the spare wood pile.

For the sides and top of the booth I'm going with some inexpensive sheets of foam board from the dollar store.

A 3-1/2" plank is stretched across the top of the booth to provide a mounting surface for a task lamp.

The back of the booth is designed to accommodate a 14x14 furnace filter.  Behind that sits an inexpensive low speed fan.

Here is a pic of the completed and fully operational paint booth:

As per my tradition of embracing Neanderthal woodworking, the entire project was done using antique and vintage hand tools.

Nary a single electron was sacrificed throughout the build!

Now it's time to get to paintin'...

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment