Wednesday, April 17, 2024

A New Toy For The Shop

A package from Amazon arrived at my doorstep today containing my latest shop tool - an airbrush:

With the Artemis plastic conversion project getting nearer to the painting stage, this should be perfect for rendering the complicated surface patterns on the SLS core.

The best part of having the airbrush is that I can use the non-stinky acrylics to my heart's content - indoors!

Gone will be the days of having paint-ready models sitting around in the shop waiting for a warm, windless day to take them outside for spraying. Sometimes the wait can last for weeks on end.

No more bugs landing in the fresh paint,  either!

Let the fun begin....

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you think of the learning curve. I was seriously thinking about pulling the finger on one back around the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete