Friday, July 21, 2023

Another 'Found' Rocket Part.

 I'm always on the lookout for any item that can possibly be used for model rocket construction.

This past Independence Day weekend, I acquired a long cardboard tube that was part of the packaging for some glow-tube necklaces.

This tube is roughly BT- 20 diameter.

When I got it down to the Basement La-BOR-atory, I found that it is slightly smaller than BT-20.  In fact, it fits perfectly inside a dummy yellow tube that comes with some Estes kits for motor spacing.

Short sections of this tubing could possibly be used for building up stage couplers and payload section bulkheads.

It could easily be fitted with a 13mm motor mount for putting together a small-field 'garbage' rocket.

Or it could turn out to be just the right size for a future scale model project.

The possibilities are limitless. 

I just might hold onto this one...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment