Thursday, October 28, 2021

Binge Build: A Fin Filleting Fiesta...

 Here is the result of an afternoon spent getting my fingers all sticky with glue...

Fin fillets for the mass build are now completed.

As a rule, I usually do two applications of glue per fin joint.  The first applies the main fillet, and the second goes on to fill in any unsightly bumps or gaps that may have formed.

Inevitably, there might still remain a few random imperfections in the fillets. These can be quickly and easily fixed with further spot glue application.

The main goal is to produce smooth, even fillets the full length of the fin root. Such fillets go a long way in determining how the finished rocket will look once paint is applied, so I like to take my time on this step.

My next post on this build may be a bit longer in coming, as I will begin diving into the long, arduous task of filling and sanding the balsa grain on all of these birds. 

See you when I next surface for air.....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment