Sunday, January 5, 2020

A Look Back At 2019

Each New Year, I like to take a look back at my rocketry related activities during the previous year and review the events and assess what progress was made.

So, here goes:

Model Rockets Added To The Fleet - 6
This is a very dismal output, especially when two of the models were E2X kits, and three others were previously built rockets given to me by a friend.  These required only a minimal amount of refurb and modification to bring them to my flying standards. Lack of available time in the workshop was the main culprit.  Here is the list:

Alpha VI 60th Anniversary Edition
Estes Viking
Flatcat B/G (glider only)
Estes Quark
Quest Big Rage
Estes Solo

Model Rocket Flying -  25 flights over 8 launch sessions.

No models lost, no models destroyed.  Only a few minor mishaps involving minor repairs.

The highlight of all these launch events was a trip to Pueblo, Colorado in July to fly with S.C.O.R.E.

During 2019's final launch session on September 6th, I logged my 100th flight of the BAR era.  I also successfully flew my first keychain video camera flight.

All in all, even though things were rather low key as far as rocketry is concerned, I still had fun and look forward to a new rocket building and flying season.  Lots of rocket builds and other projects in the queue...

Here is a picture I took this morning of my current model rocket fleet:


CHEERS !!



No comments:

Post a Comment