Friday, December 10, 2021

Binge Build: Project On Temporary Hold !

 I had stated earlier that I had hoped to get all of the models in this multi-model building frenzy done by the end of the year.

There was one small detail in the planning process that was completely overlooked.

Christmas !!!

I had entirely forgotten that, at this time of year, model rockets and anything else get swept off of the BlastFromThePast shop workbenches in favor of sorting, testing, repairing, and modifying the zillions of Christmas decoration light strings that the missus and I use to adorn the interior and exterior if our home.  This year, the amount of lighting stuff was so extensive that the process burgeoned beyond the shop area and took over the entire basement!

We go way beyond mere store-bought decorations and end up designing and building a number of our own lighted wreaths, boughs, and other features.  These require me to build a great deal of custom length and color light strings.

My wife does most of the artistic design work while my role is to be the lighting and electrical engineer.

So, this past week has been a very busy one, full of decoration fabrication and installation.

We're almost done, so it will soon be back to rockets...I hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment