Monday, June 10, 2019

Back In The Day, Part 26 - A Little More HOTROC-1 Stuff

Much to my chagrin, I have found I do not have any photographs to present here from HOTROC-1.
Nor do I have any recorded contest results. 
The reason for this is, somewhere back in time, probably during a house move, I lost my notebook binders containing flight logs and other information for the years 1979 through 1980. 
So, this post about that long ago contest is very sparse.
I did manage, by poring through old letters from people who attended, and post-contest questionnaires, to get a good idea of who most of the participants were. 
I also believe that a short write-up about the contest was submitted to The Model Rocketeer Magazine, and may have been published sometime in late 1980 or early 1981.
(If any of you readers out there happen to have a copy of whichever issue that was, I would greatly appreciate a scan of the article.)
HOTROC-1 was attended by perhaps a dozen folks:   Randall Redd and Gary Price from Utah; Steve Sande, Ken Tanaka, and Bill Penberthy from Denver, Paul Heward from Wyoming, and several others from around the Region whose names I don't recall.  Skywatchers was represented by Glade Gordon and myself.
Anyway, I did manage to dig up a couple of items from the contest to scan:

This was a small blurb that appeared in the Colorado Springs Gazzette Telegraph newspaper
 
 
An official HOTROC-1 embroidered jacket patch.


No comments:

Post a Comment