Monday, October 1, 2018

A Definite MUST-BUILD Scale Model Rocket!

I recently downloaded from the NAR website a copy of Peter Alway's "The Art of Scale Model Rocketry".

Within the pages of this excellent book I found this.....and immediately cracked up!








You readers might be wondering why I should find anything even remotely humorous about this rocket.

Here's why....

In my work-a-day world GIRD stands for
"Gastro-Intestinal Reflux Disease".

You, see, boys and girls, I happen to make my living working for a medical equipment company that researches, designs, and manufactures devices that allow Gastroenterologists to detect and diagnose GIRD in their patients.

Of course, the GIRD-09 in Alway's book depicts an early Russian experimental rocket, and has nothing at all to do with chronic heartburn, but I believe it is my destiny to build my very own scale model version - perhaps for no other reason than for the novelty of having a bird in my fleet named  'GIRD' !!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment