Thursday, July 5, 2018

Drat!...Lost My Castle Rock Launch Site

I just learned that the Town of Castle Rock, Colorado had recently re-drafted their Municipal Ordinance.  One of the changes specifically prohibits the launch of model rockets within city limits.
This means I lost the use of that really nice B-engine field adjacent to the high school, that is a mere half-mile from my house.
Bummer!
Oh, well, I can at least still use the field to hand launch all of my gliders for glide trimming....

An amendment to this post... Maybe all is not lost. I contacted the Castle Rock fire department, and received an email which spells out model rockets not being permissible during stage 1 or higher fire danger, which the area is under right now. I sent an email response asking if rockets are permissible at times there are no restrictions in place.  Still awaiting a reply.

1 comment: