Thursday, May 10, 2018

Steampunk Protostar, Part 1 - A Marvelously Splendid New Adventure

As if I don't have enough model rocket projects in various stages of completion strewn about the BlastFromThePast workshop , I picked this up at Hobby Lobby today...



This purchase was inspired by a thread on one of the rocket forums concerning the paint scheme for the Protostar kit. 

Estes R&D designer John Boren chimed in, and pondered who would be the first to do a 'Steampunk' version of the model.

"Well, now!"  I exclaimed to myself. "This is truly a tailor-made project for me!"

I certainly can recognize a tossed gauntlet when I see one.

I probably won't do a posted build series on this model, preferring to leave that sort of stuff to the more highly experienced and able bloggers (I won't mention any names, Chris).

I shall, however, post periodic pictures of the model as progress is made.

But first,  I must be off to perform the necessary data gathering by consulting my vast library of picture books on steam engine technology and Victorian-era frillery.

Or, maybe just 'Google' the stuff.

Anyway, this ought'a be fun.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment