Monday, April 23, 2018

Back In The Day #12 - The Space Shuttle Enterprise

I finally located the photographs I had taken of the Space Shuttle Enterprise strapped to the back of a 747.
The tandem made a two day stop at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs on May 16-17, 1983.  This was the shuttle's first stop after departing from Edwards Air Force Base on its way to the Paris Air Show.  The 747 and shuttle were on public display during their visit.  I was there to witness the departure takeoff.  Awesome. 
But enough blabber...here are some pics.....

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You must have been standing shoulder to shoulder with my brother that morning - he has a similar set of photos. I remember his excitement at seeing the shuttle over Pete-Field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! It was quite a neat event. I also remember going out to Pete Field that same year to see a SR71 Blackbird that had landed. I can't find any pics of it, but that was pretty awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete