Thursday, June 21, 2018

MPC Lunar Patrol, Part 17 - Glider Decals


Last night, I spent the evening applying decals to the Lunar Patrol gliders.  The decals are all home-print, consisting of left-overs from the MPC sheet as well as a few custom number and stripe details.
I didn't get the 'LPC-B' designation detail applied to one of the gliders.  Well, actually, I did, but had to pull it off and discard the decal. 
Somehow, while applying the decal, one corner got slightly curled under.  When I pulled the decal up to fix it, the other end curled over as well and became hopelessly stuck.  By the time I got the decal straightened out using some fine tipped tweezers, it was toast. There was an unsightly crack in the decal, and part of the image was missing.
Trash.....
So, I have to add a replacement image to another blank decal sheet that will be sharing space with other upcoming rocket build markings.
Another small setback in getting the Lunar Patrol completed.
Live n 'learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment