Thursday, September 24, 2020

Back In The Day, Part 33 - A Very Funky Citation Patriot

 As I was writing yesterday's post about the newly built Citation Patriot, I was reminded that, somewhere in my photo files, I had a picture of one of the original Patriots that a Skywatchers/ROMAR member had flown at a sport meet in Colorado Springs sometime around 1975 or so.

I found that photo.  Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this picture?


Yep, you got it.....the fins were glued on wrong!

Apparently, this model must have been built by a younger member or a visitor.  

One who wasn't versed in the 'grain runs with the leading edge' rule of model rocket building.

My question is:  Where was the acting club RSO for this one?

Fortunately, I don't remember the outcome of this flight....

No comments:

Post a Comment