Monday, March 23, 2020

Hunkerin' Down In Colorado

Before I get too far into this this post, I  would like to wish all of you the best during these trying times.  Please be careful and stay healthy!

Like most others these days, what with the pandemic in process, I'm spending much more time at home.

As of this writing, I still go to work during the week, being in a medical equipment R&D and manufacturing environment.  

But the time I spend at home is...well...spent at home. Not much going out anywhere unless it's absolutely necessary.

Naturally, this equates to plenty of time to pursue my many hobbies and interests.

Chief among these is, of course, model rocket building.

A good amount of time was spent this weekend painting an EAC Viper.  The big difference with this project is that the model is being brush painted!


Gosh! I haven't painted a model that way since 1976 when I built my old fleet Estes A20 Demon and finished it with Butyrate dope.

I was fairly apprehensive at first about committing a model to a brushed- on finish, but so far it's turning out fairly nice. In the near future I will post here about some of the insights and pitfalls encountered in the project.

By the way, the Viper is earmarked to be my new fleet flagship, as the old Hornet will be retired after its next (and 50th) flight.

On an entirely different subject, I am also an avid LEGO fan.  The last couple of months, I've been binge-building on some large sets that my kids bought me for Christmas and my February birthday.

I maintain a parallel LEGO blog - "Tales From The Double Decker Couch" at this link:

https://castlelego.blogspot.com

The blog  content features lots of set build series' as well as a number of brick-built comic strips.  If you are a LEGO fan, be sure to check it out.
Lotsa fun....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment