Monday, July 8, 2019

THEM ROCKET FLIERS

My last post featured a "Them Poem" by Mason Williams.

Being inspired by that, I sat down this morning and penned my own "Them Poem"  - one about model rocketeers.....

THEM ROCKET FLIERS

How 'bout them rocket fliers, ain't they nerds?
Flyin' them rockets, callin' them "Birds".
Flyin' them big rockets, flyin' them small,
Watchin' them parachute, watchin' them fall.

Lookit them high-falutin,' sun-burned, back'ards countin', fire-breathin', smoke-smellin'
Rocket Fliers!

How to be a rocket flier? Ain't hard to try it.
Just make yerself a rocket, find a field and fly it!


(OK.... I'm not normal......)

2 comments:

  1. Great poem!
    I'm also a fan of Mason Williams. I played his Classical Gas in my show for years!
    In my solo (MIDI backed) shows I did the Manheim Steamroller version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    Another cool version of Classical Gas is a synth rendition by Synergy (Larry Fast). It's on the "Sequencer" album if you can find it.

    ReplyDelete