Friday, May 17, 2019

Ya Never Know Where You'll Find A Model Rocket Part.

Last night I was out doing some yard work at the BlastFromThePast home.  I have a very large ceramic planter on the front porch that is in need of repair, so I was removing the soil. 

In one trowel full of dirt from deep inside the planter I found this:


This interesting plastic object has a sticker on it that says: "Sharp edge. Be careful." 
In English, Spanish, and French, no less.

Doubtless, it is a safety cover for some sharp-edged gardening tool purchased long ago.

This artifact has been buried in the planter since at least 2007.

After scraping the dirt out from inside and giving the piece a good cleaning with a cotton swab and a little IPA, I pulled out my digital calipers.


.502" in diameter.

Fairly close to BT-5 size.

I smell a little side project coming up for the workbench....

No comments:

Post a Comment