Friday, February 1, 2019

The New BlastFromThePast Shop Is Finished!!!

Here it is...
the new, downsized, organized (kinda), and efficiently engineered workspace for model rocketry, hand tool woodworking, pyrography, electronics, small repairs, LEGO building, drafting, and whatever else comes to mind.

It's been a whirlwind of intense activity the last couple of weeks, but finally the cabinets, benches, electrical power, task lighting, bench mat, drill press, stereo system, and tool storage drawers are all finished and in place.

With a little additional organizational fine-tuning of the space inside the cabinets (actually, it's all in shambles at the moment), the space will be ready for me to get cracking on real, actual projects!

What a ride....

3 comments:

  1. Nice hobby setup, Ed! I haven’t used my rocket room since December. Some of it is that Winter has just gotten in the way. The other issue is we are trying to get our house ready to sell. Our kids/grandkids are in Denver area, so we are planning to be closer to them. Castle Rock is actually one of two areas we’ve looked, the other is Parker. We want to downsize to a ranch-style, with big basement, and small (easy to maintain) yard, ideally new. I’m tired of remodeling. Apparently that’s what everyone else wants!
    Once it’s warm, maybe I’ll get to a launch. I’ve been going to SCORE/Pueblo mostly, but hopefully I’ll get to some CRASH launches this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee,
      Cool that you are moving nearby! I will definitely give you a shout out whenever I plan to get up to Dove Valley Park for a launch. We're bound to get a nice flying day around here sooner or later.
      Keep in touch.
      _Ed

      Delete
    2. Ed,

      I’d definitely like to join you sometime at a Dove Valley launch. We are down to Denver area often, and my youngest daughter and family are in Centennial, on the east side by Parker. I fly with JesseUlibarri, who lives in Highland Ranch, and always looking for other places to fly.
      Thanks!

      Delete