Tuesday, August 14, 2018

NAR 60 Year Reunion, Part 15 - One Final Display

The last item on the row of meeting room tables was my own small display of NARAM-11 ephemera.

 
 Included was an official meet program that was distributed to visitors to NARAM 11, a copy of the newspaper coverage article of the event in the Colorado Springs Gazette Telegraph, and a stack of official NARAM 11 flight cards that I had received from Bill Roe back in the early 70s. (Bill was the CD of the meet). 

I gave away a flight card for free to any reunion attendee who wanted one.
(I still have half a dozen left if any of you blog readers wish to pm me at emitton777@gmail.com).

I also brought along for display my replica of the Carlisle Rock-A-Chute Mark II model rocket and launch pad complete with a wood dowel launch rod. These items are not vintage, actually being built in 2016.

An interesting note:  In the final hour of the reunion, I noted that someone had placed a brand new Semroc kit of the Rock-A-Chute Mark II against the wall behind the display.  It was a great mystery to me until I learned it had been put there by Randy Boadway of eRockets!  Thanks, Randy!

No comments:

Post a Comment