Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Hangin' Out With 'Mr. Cineroc' Part 8 - I Found 'Em !!

After much moving boxes around, rummaging, and sustaining a cut on my finger, I found two 8mm film reels containing some Cineroc flight footage I had taken for Herb Desind.  These were processed by Herb and sent to me.  The pieces of tape identifying the reels are his hand writing. 


The next step is to get them to one of those outfits that can convert 8mm film to digital and throw them on a CD Rom.
I haven't viewed these films since the late 70s, so I have no recollection of their content. 

The one labeled Bear Creek Park makes sense because that was the location of an annual demonstration launch that the Skywatchers Club put on for the Skyway Homeowner's Association in northwest Colorado Springs.  Bear Creek Park is a lovely location - a well manicured park nestled in the foothills against a scenic mountain backdrop of Colorado Springs' Rampart Range.

Copies of these same flights may reside in Herb's vast collection of Cineroc films, wherever that may be.

Once I get digital copies made, I'll see if I can post any interesting still frames here.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. You know, I'd be over at the local flea market looking for an 8mm projector! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or even one of those little hand-held 8mm film viewers that Estes used to sell....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you may want to watch that!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mpey7IDAB0

    ReplyDelete