Tuesday, May 9, 2017

First BAR Birthday

I hadn't noticed, but the 1st anniversary of my return to model rocketry was last week on May 2nd.
How time flies.

May 2, 2016 was the day that I walked into a HobbyTownUSA store and slapped down some bucks for an Estes Lynx kit, the very model that graces the header of this blog.

Over the past year I have conducted 12 launch sessions, completed 32 flight missions, built 7 new models, and refurbished 2 old fleet models,

Other completed projects include building of a new launch controller, 2 launch pads, and a boost glider umbilical tower.

In addition to this, I have built up a substantial collection of rocket plans and technical information, totally revamped my old fleet flight logs/documentation from the 1973-84 era,  constructed a nearly complete rocketry construction tool kit.

Oh, and then there was the equipping of the ol' range box....

Phew, that's a lot of stuff!

It has been a totally fun, year and I look forward to what comes next.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this blog!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment